Homemade Curry Powder
Making your own curry powder ensures that no additives like tapioca flour or wheat flour are added.
Makes: ½ cupHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: ½ cup
- 1 Tbsp. black peppercorns
- 3 Tbsp. coriander seeds
- 2 Tbsp. cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. cloves, whole
- 15 white Thai cardamom pods
- 2 Tbsp. ginger powder
- ¼ cup turmeric powder
- 3 dried long Thai chilies or dried long New Mexico chilies
- Toast whole dried spices separately in a dry frying pan over low heat until fragrant. Cumin seeds will take about 1 minute, while the rest of the spices take about 2 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a coffee grinder, working in batches if necessary. Store in a jar with a tight lid for three months.