Homemade Dark Chocolate Almond Butter
Skip the store-bought gifts for something a little more personal – and edible! Homemade Dark Chocolate Almond Butter is an easy, crowd-pleasing spread that’s healthy, a little sweet and SO delicious!
- 1 pound roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Gift tags
- Jars, for gifting
- Add roasted almonds to the bottom of a food processor. Turn on and let the machine process the almonds. The mixture will first turn crumbly after about 3 minutes. Once this happens, stop and scrape down the sides with a spatula. Turn the mixer back on, and let it process until the mixture is completely pureed with a loose consistency, another 5-6 minutes.
- While the almonds blend, add chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 15-minute increments, stirring in between each until chocolate is completely melted (you should only need to do 2-3 intervals). Let chocolate cool slightly.
- Once the almonds have blended, scrape the sides down with a spatula and add in chocolate and vanilla extract. Pulse until blended. Add pinch of salt. Pulse until blended.
- Transfer to jars, seal, and tie with a ribbon.