Homemade Garlic and Herb Gnocchi
Homemade gnocchi is well worth the effort if you have the time! Use a simple sauce or minimal seasonings to make sure that the flavor from the gnocchi shines through.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 large potatoes
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- Bake potatoes until done, about 50 minutes at 400°F. Allow to cool, then peel skins.
- Using a fork, mash potatoes with garlic powder, basil, parsley, and salt until potatoes are completely smooth, with no lumps.
- On a floured work surface, place half of the flour, and the potatoes on top. Use your hands to work the flour into the potatoes to form a dough. Continue to add only as much flour as is needed to form a dough. Knead smooth.
- Working in batches, roll out a rope of dough about 1" thick. Slice into 1"long pieces, and gently roll against a fork to make grooves in the dough. This helps the sauce stick to the dough.
- Cook gnocchi in boiling water for 2–3 minutes until they rise to the surface. Serve immediately.