Homemade Granola with Cranberries and Almonds
Subtly sweet and super crunchy, this granola keeps well for weeks when stored in an airtight container. The dried cranberries are stirred in after the cereal has fully cooled, so they stays soft.
Serves: 20Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1¼ cups chopped unsalted almonds
- ½ cup dried sweetened coconut
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1½ Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Take out 2 baking sheets, spray lightly with oil, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, chopped almonds, shredded coconut, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla and stir until everything is thoroughly coated.
- Divide the mixture between the 2 baking sheets. Place sheets on middle rack in oven and bake until golden brown, roughly 25–30 minutes. Two or three times during baking, remove pans from oven and carefully stir contents before returning to oven. This will ensure even baking so granola does not burn.
- Once golden, remove pans from oven and set aside to cool fully. Once fully cooled, stir the dried cranberries into the mixture. Store in an airtight container.