Homemade Honey Mustard
This delicious salt-free mustard takes only 5 minutes to prepare and yields a sweet and zingy mustard as good as any gourmet brand.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup dry mustard
- ½ tsp. crushed mustard seeds
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and stir constantly until boiling. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until mustard begins to thicken, roughly 5 minutes.
- Pour into a clean lidded jar and refrigerate until ready to use. Mustard will thicken significantly in the refrigerator.