Homemade Hot Ketchup
Why buy bottled when homemade ketchup is this easy?
Serves: 32Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. water
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- 1½ tsp. crushed hot chili peppers
- ⅛ tsp. ground pepper
- ¾ tsp. sweet paprika
- Add all the ingredients except the paprika to the slow cooker. Cover and, stirring occasionally, cook for 2–4 hours on high setting or until ketchup reaches desired consistency.
- Turn off the slow cooker (or remove the crock from the slow cooker) and stir in the paprika. Allow the mixture to cool. Pour it in a covered container (such as a recycled ketchup bottle). Store in the refrigerator until needed.