Garlic lovers can add more garlic to this popular Middle Eastern dip. You can buy hummus at the store, but this recipe is easy to make and much cheaper.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 small white onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. paprika
- Blend chickpeas, garlic, onion, 1⁄2 cup oil, hot sauce, salt, and paprika in a food processor or blender. Do not purée; the hummus should have a coarse consistency.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle hummus with remaining olive oil and top with parsley before serving.