Homemade Marcona Almonds
Bring out the bold flavor of raw almonds by coating them with a hint of salt and roasting until light-brown!
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 12 minutesTotal: 27 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus ½ teaspoon, divided
- 3 cups raw unsalted whole almonds
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Peanut Oil
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- In 2-quart saucepan, add water and 1 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Add almonds; boil for 1 minute. Drain almonds then pinch each almond to remove skin. Place almonds in a mixing bowl.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt to almonds and mix well. Place almonds on parchment lined 15”x9”x2” baking pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until almonds are very lightly browned. Remove from pan. Let cool completely. Almonds become crisp after cooling.