Homemade Nutri Bars with Peanut Butter
Unwrap the goodness of a homemade protein bar the next time you need a healthy snack.
Serves: 12Prep: 10 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Simple Truth™ Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth™ Roasted Peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Raisins, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Spray a 9”x13” baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, combine honey, peanut butter, maple syrup, canola oil, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir and cook until mixture just begins to bubble, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- In large bowl, combine oats, rice cereal, wheat germ, peanuts, apricots, raisins and salt. Pour peanut butter mixture over oatmeal mixture and stir gently with a spatula until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish, cover with parchment paper and press firmly into dish. Allow to cool completely (will cool faster in the refrigerator). Cut into squares or bars.