Homemade Pickled Artichoke Hearts
Serve these as appetizers or as a topping to either green salad or pasta salad to shake things up a bit. The flavor improves if served with a little olive oil.
Makes: 4½ pintsHands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 4½ pints
- 2½ cups frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 4 whole cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- ¼ tsp. parsley
- ¼ tsp. rosemary
- ½ tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ⅛ tsp. crushed red pepper
- Blanch the artichoke hearts; chill and drain. Place hearts in equal quantities in four ½-pint jars.
- Mix together remaining ingredients; heat in a saucepan to boiling. Pour over hearts, leaving ½" headspace; cap and seal.
- Process 15 minutes in hot-water canner. Let cool; then check lids.