Homemade Pomegranate Ginger Ale
Start with a ginger-steeped simple syrup for a fantastically fresh ginger ale. It’s a perfect drink to sip at the pool or on the deck.
Serves: 6Prep: 45 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup Kroger® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 3⁄4 cup fresh ginger root, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pure pomegranate juice (from 12 oz. refrigerated bottle)
- 1 liter Kroger® Seltzer Water
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat water, sugar and ginger root to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let stand 15 minutes longer.
- Strain ginger syrup to remove solids. Cover and refrigerate syrup until cold.
- To serve, in 1½-quart pitcher, stir together ginger syrup, pomegranate juice and seltzer water. Serve over ice.