Homemade Potato Chips
These are just too good and will be grabbed up fast, so plan to make extra. Sprinkle on some chili powder with the salt for a flavorful variation.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 cups canola oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes with a mandolin or the slicing blade on your food processor.
- Place oil in a large, deep frying pan. Heat the oil to 340°F and watch the temperature throughout the cooking time.
- Carefully add potato slices, a few at a time, to hot oil. Remove when golden and drain on brown paper bags or paper towels. Sprinkle with salt. Serve hot or warm.