Homemade Scallion Hash Brown Cakes
This new and improved version of a breakfast favorite uses heart-healthy olive oil and fresh ingredients that provide clean complex carbohydrates and antioxidants in every crispy cake!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Idaho potatoes, shredded
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. 100% whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- ½ tsp. cracked black pepper
- Spray a large skillet with olive oil spray and place over medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded potatoes, scallions, egg, flour, and garlic powder. Form potato mixture into 6 even servings, and mold into dense patties.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet for 1 minute and swirl to evenly coat.
- Add patties to skillet, 3 at a time, cooking 5–7 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.