Homemade Strawberry Mint Soda
Use this simple strawberry syrup recipe to mix up your own batch of homemade soda anytime! This refreshing drink is perfect for get-togethers.
Serves: 10Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound strawberries, cleaned with stems removed
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Sprigs of mint, for garnish
- 1 bottle (2-liter) sparkling water or fruit soda
- Boil water, strawberries and sugar on medium, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Then simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Blend the mixture in a food processor, and then strain through a double cheesecloth to remove any larger parts of the strawberries.
- Store your syrup in the fridge until you're ready to make your soda.
- Add 2 liters of sparkling water, or fruit soda if desired. Mix well and serve with a sprig of mint.