Homemade Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamin A and very delicious when fried and salted. (You can substitute plantains for a taste of the islands.)
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3 cups canola oil
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Slice the potatoes thinly with a mandolin.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer to 375°F.
- Fry potato slices for about 3 to 4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chips. When the chips are very crisp, remove from the oil and drain. Add salt, pepper, and cinnamon if desired.