Homemade Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamin A and very delicious when fried and salted. (You can substitute plantains for a taste of the islands.)
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3 cups canola oil
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Slice the potatoes thinly with a mandolin.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer to 375°F.
- Fry potato slices for about 3–4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chips. When the chips are very crisp, remove from the oil and drain. Add salt, pepper, and cinnamon if desired.