Homemade Turkey Maple Apple Breakfast Sausage
This one’s worth waking up early for! Homemade turkey breakfast sausage is filled with fall flavor, thanks to sage, maple and apple.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 small apple, shredded and squeezed dry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Rubbed Sage
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredient. Form mixture into 16 patties.
- Place sausage patties on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 17-20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tips: Sausage patties can be pan fried instead of baked. Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook, turning as needed, until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Cooked sausage patties can be frozen after cooling completely.