Homemade Veggie Burgers
These homemade veggie burgers are loaded with fresh vegetables, black beans and rice. Serve them with your favorite burger toppings, over a salad or dipped in your favorite sauce.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3⁄4 cup broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In food processor, process together mushrooms, carrot, broccoli, onion and garlic. Once processed, add paprika, chili powder and salt. Spread onto baking sheet; bake 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- In bowl, use potato masher to mash black beans. Add vegetable roast, black beans, breadcrumbs, brown rice and egg. Divide mixture into four equal portions; form into patties.
- In large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Arrange patties in single layer. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, then carefully flip. Continue cooking 4 to 6 minutes.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.