Honey Almond Cake
If you find your honey a little too sticky, heat it in the microwave for 5 seconds to thin it out.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- cooking spray
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. allspice
- 5 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and allspice in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix the eggs, vegetable oil, and sugar. Stir into the flour mixture. Fold in the almonds.
- Pour batter into dish and bake for about 1 hour or until cake is cooked through. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil water, honey, and lemon juice until it forms a thick glaze. Drizzle over cake.