For added protein, cut the muffin in half and spread with your favorite flavored cream cheese.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 3⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. liquid honey
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, add the egg to the milk and beat lightly. Add the vegetable oil and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, stir the baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the flour until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir to form a batter. Stir in the honey, banana, and ground cinnamon. Stir until combined but do not beat.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins so that they are about 2⁄3 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Store the muffins in a sealed tin.