Honey and Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
Save to My Recipes
The honey and brown sugar make a flavorful glaze for this ham. You can also use maple syrup or sorghum in place of the honey.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 45 minutes
- 1 fully cooked ham (8 lbs.)
- Whole cloves
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup apple juice or apple cider
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a roasting pan with foil.
- Place ham, fat side up, on the rack of the prepared pan. Score the fat in a diamond pattern and stud with cloves. Bake for about 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook glaze for about 2 minutes. Spoon half of the glaze over ham about 20 minutes before ham is done. Spoon remaining glaze over ham about 10 minutes before done. Remove ham from the oven and let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before carving.