Honey-Buttermilk Dinner Rolls
The sour cream and vinegar give these rolls a pleasing tangy flavor.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 packages (2 1⁄4 tsp.) instant blend dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. apple-cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, salt, and yeast; stir until blended.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, buttermilk, sour cream, and water and heat over low heat until warm to the touch. Add to flour mixture along with vinegar and beat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in enough remaining all-purpose flour with a spoon until a soft dough forms. On floured surface, knead in enough remaining flour until the dough is elastic, about 5 minutes. Place dough in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and divide into 24 balls. Place balls on two greased cookie sheets. Cover with a kitchen towel, and let rise for 35 minutes.
- Place a 9-inch square pan with 1 1⁄2 inches of water on the bottom rack of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake rolls for 20 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped. Remove from cookie sheets and cool on wire rack.