It’s double luck with this cake as both honey and circular shapes represent good luck in the new year.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hour 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 1⁄2 oranges
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup Clover Honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coffee, brewed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Liberally coat a 10” tube or cake pan with cooking spray.
- From the oranges, zest 1 orange and squeeze ½ cup juice. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, add flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Into the well, add the canola oil, honey, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar and coffee. Add reserved orange zest and juice.
- Using a spatula, thoroughly combine mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out dry.
- Let cake cool for 15 minutes before inverting onto a plate.