Honey Chocolate Glaze Cookies
To satisfy a dark chocolate craving, these honey-sweetened chocolate cookies are the ultimate indulgence. Each cookie is finished off with a delectable chocolate-glazed center.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 4½ tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 4½ oz. melted and cooled unsweetened chocolate, divided
- 1 cup honey, divided
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1⅓ cups spelt flour
- 6 drops liquid stevia
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, salt, and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix until well combined. Add the butter, 3 ounces chocolate, and ¾ cup honey. Beat until incorporated. Add baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and flour and beat until just combined.
- Roll batter into 1½" balls and place on baking sheets 2" apart. Bake for 8 minutes.
- While the cookies bake, mix together the remaining 1½ ounces melted chocolate, ¼ cup honey, 2½ teaspoons vanilla, and stevia in a small bowl.
- When the cookies are finished baking, gently indent the very center of each cookie by pressing with a spoon. Pour ½ teaspoon of the chocolate glaze into each center. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.