Honey Cinnamon Pumpkin Soup
This sweet and savory soup is a fall harvest favorite. Serve with a large spinach salad, topped with chopped apples, walnuts, and balsamic vinaigrette.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 4 medium apples, cored and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 can (15 oz.) puréed pumpkin
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, sauté onion, apples, and garlic in olive oil over medium-high heat 3–4 minutes. Add water, bring to a boil, then cover and simmer approximately 8 minutes until soft. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Stir in honey, then purée mixture.
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, combine apple mixture, pumpkin, broth, and cinnamon. Cover and cook 10–15 minutes. Season with pepper and serve.