Honey-Glazed Veal Roast
The veal is tender and wonderful, but you could also use the glaze for a turkey breast, pork tenderloin, duck, or Cornish hen for a unique twist. Have your butcher trim and tie the roast for you to save time.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- ½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 lean veal roast (3 lbs.), tied
- 4 large sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine onions, brown sugar, salt, pepper, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, honey, and Dijon mustard. Rub mixture on the roast. If needed, tie the roast with kitchen twine. Top with thyme sprigs.
- Spray nonstick cooking spray in a large roasting pan (or cover bottom with aluminum foil).
- Place veal roast in roasting pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1¼ hours, depending on doneness.