Honey Mustard Sauce
Serve this sauce when you want to provide guests with an alternative to rich sauces such as Hollandaise or spicy dips.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅔ cup beef broth
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. water
- ¼ tsp. chili powder, or to taste
- If using homemade or packaged beef broth, warm the broth in a small saucepan. If using an instant bouillon cube, prepare according to the directions on the package.
- Combine the butter and flour in a saucepan over low heat, stirring. Slowly stir in ⅓ cup of the beef broth. Mix in the mustard and honey.
- Add the remaining ⅓ cup of the beef broth. Turn up the heat to thicken. Add the water and the chili powder. Serve warm.