Honey Oat Bran Bars
You can use plain bran flakes or raisin bran instead of the oat bran flakes. If using raisin bran flakes, just omit the raisins called for in the recipe, unless you like a lot of raisins.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups oat bran flakes
- ½ cups chopped toasted pecans
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Grease 9" × 9" square pan; set aside. Mix cereal, nuts, and raisins in a large bowl; set aside.
- Bring butter, honey, and brown sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 5 minutes, continuing to stir constantly.
- Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat evenly. Spoon into prepared pan; press down gently. Cool 1 hour before cutting into bars.