Honey Oat Granola Bars
These homemade crunchy granola bars are great for snacking on-the-go.
Serves: 16Cook: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup oat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter and line a 9”x13” pan with parchment paper, leaving 2” overhanging the side of the pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, rice cereal, oat flour, baking soda and salt; stir to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together butter, honey, brown sugar and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients, stir until well combined.
- Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Bake 14-18 minutes until golden brown. Allow to stand 5 minutes. Remove from pan, cut into 16 bars. Cool completely; store wrapped or in an airtight container.
- Tip: You can make oat flour by blending oats in a food processor to a fine powder.