Honey Pecan Rolls
The rich, sticky topping of these nutty rolls makes them irresistible.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 5 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup honey, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 envelope (1⁄4 oz.) active dry yeast
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Generously coat 2 muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix brown sugar, 2 tablespoons honey, butter, milk, and all-purpose flour. Divide mixture evenly among muffin cups.
- In another large bowl, combine water, remaining honey, and yeast. Stir to dissolve and let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Add eggs, oil, salt, and enough bread flour to create a firm dough. Turn onto a floured surface and knead 10 minutes. Add flour only to reduce stickiness. Return dough to the bowl, dust the top lightly with flour, and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise at room temperature until doubled in volume, about 3 hours. Punch down dough, fold in half, and let rise again until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Turn out risen dough onto a floured surface and shape into a rope about 3 inches thick. Slice 2-inch pieces off the rope, then roll each into a tight circle. Place dough circles into the prepared muffin tins, dust with flour, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and proof for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake buns for 20 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes; while still warm, carefully invert onto a serving platter or tray. Sprinkle with pecans. Cool before serving.