Honey Pumpkin Pie
This is a low-maintenance, simple, comforting pumpkin pie for the holidays. You’ll never miss the gluten, grains, dairy, or sugar.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 5 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 4 Tbsp. Spectrum Organic Shortening
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin purée
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" deep-dish pie pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the almond flour, salt, and shortening until the mixture is crumbly.
- Pour the crust mixture into the pie pan and place a sheet of plastic wrap on top. Use your fingers to press the mixture across the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan to form an easy crust. Remove the plastic wrap and prebake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove it from the oven and set it aside while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin, spices, eggs, honey, and coconut milk until thick and creamy. Pour the mixture into the crust. Bake for 45 minutes until the center is set and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. The pie will be slightly jiggly when it’s finished. If the pie begins to brown too much or burn, gently place a sheet of aluminum foil over the pie while it’s cooking.
- Allow the pie to cool on a wire rack for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.