Save to My Recipes
This easy loaf has the subtle tang of honey, making it the perfect slice for your morning toast.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 3 hours
- 1¼ cups warm milk
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 5 Tbsp. honey
- 1¾ tsp. active dry yeast (1 package)
- 3 cups bread flour
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. warm water
- In a large bowl, combine milk, butter, 1 tablespoon honey, and yeast. Stir to dissolve and let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Add another 3 tablespoons honey and 1 cup flour. Stir to combine. Add salt and enough remaining flour to create a firm dough. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 8–10 minutes. Return to bowl, dust with flour, and cover loosely with a damp cloth or plastic wrap. Rise at room temperature until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Coat a 9" × 5" loaf pan with pan spray, and line the bottom and short sides with a strip of parchment. Turn risen dough onto a floured surface and shape into an oblong loaf. Place into prepared pan; set aside to proof for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine remaining tablespoon of honey with a teaspoon of warm water, and brush gently over the surface of the risen dough. Bake until golden brown and hollow sounding, about 30–40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan, and cool completely on a rack.