Similar in texture to the cantaloupe, the honeydew melon has its origins in France and is considered to be the sweetest variety of melon.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large, ripe honeydew (2½ lbs.)
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- Remove the flesh from the rind of the melon, taking care to discard seeds and any unripe flesh. Purée in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and purée until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.