Hop To It Easter Sugar Cookies
Celebrate spring with these festive cookies that will disappear as fast as the Easter bunny!
Serves: 24Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Granulated Sugar
- 3 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 2 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk, more if needed
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Assorted food coloring
- For Cookies: In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Use mixer to cream butter, cream cheese, sugar and one-half cup powdered sugar until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, lightly mix eggs and vanilla. With mixer on medium low, slowly add egg mixture to creamed butter mixture; mix until combined. Use a spatula to gradually fold dry mixture into wet mixture and continue to fold until combined.
- Divide dough into four flat discs and wrap in cellophane; refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Remove chilled dough one disc at a time and roll on a lightly floured surface to ¼” thickness. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters. Bake cookies for about 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool before frosting.
- For Icing: In small bowl, mix 2½ cups powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy. Divide into separate bowls, and add food coloring to create desired colors. Spread icing over cooled cookies.