Horseradish Pizza Sauce
Horseradish root starts losing pungency once it is grated and exposed to air. For peak flavor, grate horseradish just before adding to the sauce.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 Tbsp. finely grated fresh horseradish
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and sauté garlic briefly. Add horseradish, cream, cream cheese, and Parmesan. Whisk until all ingredients are blended and cheese has melted.
- Cook sauce a few minutes until thick and bubbly. Add salt and pepper. Remove from heat and cool slightly before using.