Hot Brown Pizza
The Kentucky Hot Brown sandwich can be reinvented in so many ways, but the basics of cheese sauce, turkey and toasted goodness must not be tampered with!
Serves: 8Prep: 25 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 package (14 oz.) prepared pizza crust
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 ounces sliced deli turkey, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In 10” nonstick skillet, melt the 2 teaspoons butter over medium-low heat. Cook onion 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and caramelized; remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, melt the 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk; heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese until melted and smooth.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spread cheese sauce to within ½” of edge of pizza crust; sprinkle with paprika. Top with onion, turkey, the ½ cup cheddar cheese, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Sprinkle with bacon and parsley.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Refrigerate leftovers.