Hot Chocolate Brownie Pie
Hot Chocolate Brownie Pie is a fudge brownie topped with a layer of chocolate pudding mousse and fresh whipped cream. And, of course, lots of marshmallows!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup hot chocolate mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9” spring form pan or pie plate with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetable oil, cocoa powder and hot chocolate mix until you get a paste. Beat in eggs and sugar. Fold in flour, salt and baking powder.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 18-22 minutes, until the edges are set and a test toothpick inserted into the middle comes out mostly clean. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Once brownies have cooled, make the pudding mousse. In a bowl, whisk together pudding and milk for 2 minutes. Set aside for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, whisk 1 cup heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add ¼ cup powdered sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract and whisk until the peaks become stiff. Fold whipped cream into the pudding mixture and spread over the cooled brownie. Place in fridge for 2 hours to set.
- When it is time to serve, make the whipped cream. Using an electric mixer, whisk the remaining heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the rest of the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, and whisk until the peaks become stiff. Put a dollop of whipped cream and a small handful of marshmallows over each slice to serve.