Hot Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
These fun cookies are soft and chewy. They taste just like hot chocolate and are sure to be a huge hit with everyone of all ages.
Serves: 24Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups Kroger® All-Purpose Enriched Flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup mallow bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cornstarch and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs and peppermint extract. Stir in the brown sugar. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips and mallow bits.
- Drop the cookie dough by rounded spoonsful on the prepared baking sheet, then flatten slightly.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Serve and store leftovers in an airtight container.