Hot Chocolate Station
Homemade hot chocolate gets even better when guests can add a flavorful twist to their drink and make it their own.
Serves: 10Prep: 10 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- 1⁄2 gallon 2% or whole milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (10-12 oz.) dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Stir ins, such as flavored coffee syrup, chocolate-hazelnut spread or peanut butter
- Whipped cream
- Sprinkles, if desired
- In crock of 4-5 quart slow cooker, heat milk, sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in microwave on High 6 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until chocolate can be whisked into milk and mixture is warm.
- Place in slow cooker; cover and cook on High at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until steamy. Stir in vanilla.
- Place about 1 tablespoon desired stir-in into mugs. Ladle hot chocolate over stir-ins; stir to incorporate. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired.
- **Tip:** Add a teaspoon of instant espresso powder to each mug for a flavorful jolt.