Hot Grilled Chicken Wings
Be sure to have a cool drink on hand when serving these wings. Try a Greek beer! Serve with some lemon wedges for a fresh hit of citrus.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. chicken wings, patted dry
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the chicken wings. Add the chicken wings and make sure they are completely coated in the marinade.
- Marinate the wings for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator. Take the wings out 20 minutes before grilling, so they come up to room temperature. Remove excess marinade from the wings.
- Preheat the gas or charcoal grill to medium-high. Place the wings on the grill and cook for 4–5 minutes per side or until the chicken juices run clear. Serve immediately.