Hot Miniature Stromboli
If you’re using wooden toothpicks, soak them in water for 20 minutes prior to use. You could also use metal toothpicks, but stay away from plastic toothpicks, which will melt. Most imported Italian salami is sugar free, but ask a deli employee to check the label for you.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 16 very thin slices hard salami
- 16 very thin slices provolone cheese
- 16 basil leaves
- 16 toothpicks
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Prepare a cookie sheet with nonstick spray. Lay the salami slices on the cookie sheet. Place a piece of cheese and a basil leaf on each piece of salami. Roll them very tightly.
- Skewer the rolls with toothpicks and bake for 6–8 minutes or until the salami is slightly brown and the cheese melts. Carefully cut into thirds to make 18 pieces.
- Serve hot with mustard for dipping.