Hot Mustard Cream Sauce
This is a perfect complement to chicken, goose, duck, or veal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 small shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- 1 Tbsp. whole-grain Dijon-style mustard
- 2 oz. heavy cream
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes or until soft. Whisk in the flour and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the chicken broth, vermouth, and mustard.
- Bring the sauce to a boil. Whisk in the cream and turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper.