Hot Spiced Cider
This is an easy and delicious drink, perfect for cold winter nights and holiday gatherings. If you’re having an adult get-together or New Year’s Eve party, offer this with a little rum or bourbon. Serve with a cinnamon stick in each mug for a decorative touch.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 8 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice berries
- 1 cinnamon stick (6 inches)
- 1⁄8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Strain through a fine-meshed sieve and serve hot in mugs.