Hot Spiced Cucumbers
Rice vinegar and rice wine vinegar both mean the same thing. Rice vinegar is simply rice wine that has been allowed to ferment.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 small Persian cucumbers, trimmed and halved
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. red rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. chili paste
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Place cucumbers in a bowl and toss with the salt. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the ginger, garlic, red rice vinegar, sugar, and chili paste.
- Transfer cucumbers to a clean bowl and pour the sauce mixture over them. Top with sesame seeds. Serve immediately or chill.