Hot and Spicy Cucumber Sandwich
Paprika adds extra heat to the traditional cucumber sandwich, while cream cheese turns it from an afternoon snack into a nutritious midday meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ tsp. lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. chopped chives
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 tsp. butter
- ½ medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, cream cheese, chives, and paprika.
- Lay two slices of bread out in front of you. Spread 2 teaspoons butter on the inside of one slice of bread. Lay out half of the cucumber slices on top.
- Spread half the cream cheese mixture on the inside of the other slice of bread.
- Close up the sandwich. Cut in quarters.
- Repeat with the remaining two slices of bread.