Hot Toddy Apple Cider
There’s nothing more comforting than a warm cup of apple cider during the holidays. Here's your classic apple cider taken up a notch. Hot Toddy Apple Cider is an easy, comforting and delicious drink, perfect for snuggling by a holiday fire.
Cook: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons P$$T™…Pure Honey
- 4 strips lemon peel
- 3 pieces star anise
- 4 Private Selection™ Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 cups Kroger® Apple Cider
- 3 pieces Private Selection™ Cloves
- 1 piece (3-inch) fresh ginger, smashed
- 1 coffee filter
- Baker’s twine or any type of string
- Mallet or hammer
- Place the cloves, star anise, 2 cinnamon sticks (cut in half), fresh ginger (pounded with a mallet) and 2 strips of lemon peel in the center of the coffee filter. Bunch the edges up toward the middle and tie it with baker’s twine to make a sachet or what we chefs like to call a bouquet garni.
- Add the apple cider and honey to a small pot. Add the bouquet garni to the cider and bring to a boil. Steep for at least 5 minutes on the stove.
- Remove the bouquet garni from the pot and pour into serving glasses.
- Garnish each glass with a cinnamon stick, slice of lemon peel and serve. Cheers to a very happy holiday season!
- Tip: Add 7 tablespoons of honey bourbon, after steeping the spices, to make this a delicious adult beverage.