Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ lb. bulk pork sausage
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Break up and cook the sausage in a skillet until browned. Drain the fat and keep the sausage warm.
- In a nonstick skillet, just slightly larger than the tortillas, cook the tortillas one at a time in a small amount of the oil, turning once. Cook until crisp, about 1 minute. Keep the tortillas warm.
- Microwave the salsa until hot. Meanwhile, fry the eggs in remaining oil in the nonstick skillet until cooked to desired doneness (over easy is traditional).
- To assemble, spread some of the sausage on each tortilla. Top with an egg, salsa, and cheese. Serve immediately.