A traditional Southern spice cake with cream cheese frosting, hummingbird cake is easy to make from scratch with this recipe.
Serves: 20Prep: 15 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Granulated Sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Simple Truth™ Raw Pecan Pieces, chopped
- 2 bananas, chopped
- 1 container cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar. Add oil and eggs, stirring until moistened. Stir in pineapple, vanilla, 1 cup of pecans and bananas. Do not use an electric mixer.
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured 9”x13” baking pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool.
- Frost cake and sprinkle with remaining pecans.