Save to My Recipes
This Middle Eastern dip is made from cooked garbanzo beans, which are also known as chickpeas. It tastes best with warmed pita bread wedges and raw vegetables for dipping.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutes
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained, liquid reserved
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- Purée garlic and salt in food processor or blender. Add garbanzo beans and purée to a paste.
- Add the tahini, lemon juice, oilive oil, and cumin and blend until smooth. If hummus is too thick, thin it out by adding 1 tablespoon of the reserved garbanzo bean liquid at a time and reblending.
- Transfer dip to a bowl and sprinkle with paprika.