Hummus with Preserved Lemons
Homemade hummus is full of fresh, tangy flavor and it comes together in just minutes!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 preserved lemon, inside removed and lightly rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed butter)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic (1 small clove), minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons water
- Fresh vegetables, pita bread, olives and capers, for serving
- In a food processor, place all hummus ingredients except water and vegetables. Mix well.
- Add water slowly until hummus reaches desired consistency; mix well.
- Serve with vegetables, pita bread, olives and capers. Refrigerate leftovers.