Hungarian Mushroom Soup
This soup is loaded with the warmth of paprika and the earthiness of mushrooms.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 16 oz. pre-sliced cremini mushrooms
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Hungarian paprika
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1½ Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup sour cream, divided
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Sauté, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until the mushrooms release their moisture. Add the flour and paprika. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour in the broth and dill, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Divide the soup between 4 bowls and top each with a tablespoon of sour cream.